I've been spending the last week and a half in Amherst and Boston, and now it's only 48 hours before I am boarding a plane to England.
Here's the general plan, as far as I know it so far:
April 27-May 4: Visit England
May 5-May 12: Visit Hong Kong, Macau, Guangzhou
May 12: Fly from Guangzhou to Guilin
May 12-early/mid June: "Intern" at the Yangshuo Cooking School - see link.
After That: Travel a bit more in China, ending up in Shanghai.
June 20th: Fly from Shanghai back to London, and then from London back to USA on June 22nd.
It wasn't until today (Saturday) that I started feeling a bit unprepared for my trip. I was at a frisbee tournament in Northfield, MA (watching, not playing) - so I decided to make my packing list there. It seems like a lot of stuff that I am going to bring to China, so I have to narrow it down still. Plus I plan to bring an extra suitcase (or two) full of stuff to bring to UK - since I am moving there in September, I might as well maximize the possessions I bring over for free on the airplane flight.
Right now the office is a mess, but I am excited. I don't speak Chinese. I don't really know what I'm going to be doing in China. But I am excited to document my adventures (both foodwise and otherwise) on this blog and in my writing. So hopefully I'll have regular enough internet access to keep this up to date.
I took a picture of myself in my office a few nights ago. See? Excited!
I still haven't started packing yet. Or even gathering things. Plus, there are boxes arriving from San Francisco with more things, some of which I might try to bring with me. So I have my work cut out for me for the next two days before I go!
Tonight I'm going out for Mexican food with my parents and grandparents. I won't be seeing much of that in UK or China, so that will be good. More soon!
Yay! :) exciting adventure stories! wish i had been at the farewell, David! Happy travels. Update often.
ReplyDelete--Justine
Hooray! I love that I get to keep up with you adventures. Pencil in Virginia, end of August!
ReplyDelete