I woke up at 8:30 and went on a run in Hampstead Heath. It's really nice running there - parks like this inspire me to go running. It started raining on my run - but the smell of the trees and the rain was really nice, and since it wasn't too cold I didn't mind.
I rode with Anna on a bus (double decker!) to UCL this morning, and she showed me around a little bit. We went into the University of London Student Union, and I saw the entrance to the main library. Then Anna went on to class, and since I had 45 minutes to spare, I went in to the British Museum. It's free and located about a 2 minute walk from my school, so that will be very nice.
Next I met up with Coll, a friend of Karen's who studies at the School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He's about to head off to Argentina to study, but it was fun talking to him and hearing about his experience in London. His school is located just next to SOAS. We had lunch at the Architechtural Association cafeteria.
We walked around after this for a bit, then Coll had to go to a meeting so I went off on my own. I walked through Soho, Trafalgar Square, across the Thames and along the south bank of the river to Borough Market. I took some pictures along the way.
A double-decker bus on Oxford Street!
London has palm trees!
Chinatown!
Pedestrian Bridge!
Big Ben!
Kid doing jumps on his bike!
I arrived at Borough Market and took some more pictures.
I almost bought some candies for the plane ride. But I didn't.
I took this picture of Turkish Delight.
Borough Market is open Thursday-Saturday, but Thursday seems to be the least busy day, and many stalls weren't even open. But there are lots of good foods to try there, so I'm sure I'll be back.
In addition to an Argentinian empanada (which wasn't that good), I had this creme caramel. It was pretty good.
After the market, I sat in the cathedral for a bit - a choir was rehearsing so it was very nice. Then I took the tube back to the Barker's to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment