Saturday, May 9, 2009

Macau: Last Day in Hong Kong

I'm in Macau now, but I have a few more photos of Hong Kong. They are uploaded in a somewhat nonchronological order, so I will put descriptions beneath each one even though it's not sequential.


This is a typical street stand in Hong Kong. They sell all sorts of snacks, many involving squid or fish. Thanh (a friend from Tufts who lives in HK) recommended that I try the curry fishballs (the floating balls in the darker liquid). They were very good and spicy! The stand like this near my hostel also had stinky tofu, which wafted toward you every time you exited the elevator in my building. I am not a fan of stinky tofu.


A view of the market near my hostel.



Fruit stand in the market.


Dim sum with Thanh and Carine. We went to a restaurant that both of them had been to before. It was fun to get dim sum in Hong Kong, though it wasn't any better than what I've had in Boston and San Francisco.


Our table.

Xiao long bao at dim sum. These were quite good. I'm excited to eat a lot of these in Shanghai next month!


Broccoli from a restaurant in Temple Market. I came here with Shawn and with another guy who I met at my hostel. We sat next to two women who told us the place specialized in vegetables and seafood, especially snails. This broccoli was cooked perfectly, and was in fact some of the best broccoli I have ever had.



Whelks from the restaurant in Temple Market. I didn't like these that much, but I was glad I tried them. The sauce had a lot of chinese five spice and I got tired of it after a while - my dining companions did not help eat very many, so I was left with a lot!
































































1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you, and we'll be seeing you again next year in the UK! =)

    - Thanh

    ReplyDelete