Macau is really interesting so far. I'm staying at a place in the heart of the old city, which is really nice - my room is MUCH bigger than the one I had in Hong Kong, for about the same price. I had lunch with two Colombian guys who are staying at my hotel, then went exploring.
The Portuguese influence is quite evident - it feels like I'm in South America, but everyone is Chinese! There are a ton of tourists, it seems like most are from mainland China. But the overall feeling here is much more relaxed than Hong Kong, with lots of European-style narrow streets to explore. So it's quite fun walking around.
Here are a few pictures:

Among other things, I had this roast pork noodle soup for lunch. Very good, the pork was very sweet.

A cathedral in Macau

View from the fort in Macau

Cannon in the fort in Macau

Ruins of another church in Macau. I didn't pay much attention to which church was which. Sorry.

Tourists in Macau

Macau is known for its egg custard tarts - here they are caramelized on the top, while in HK they usually aren't. This was easily the best egg custard tart I have ever had. Super flaky crust, and perfect texture/sweetness of custard. I will probably have a few more of these before leaving tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment